"The discovery of a new dish confers more happiness on humanity, Than the
discovery of a new star" - Brillat Savarin





Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Sunday Supper...

Me and my wife's Cousin Johnny Have started a little Sunday supper club for our families . To have the ability to Brainstorm and Create with Another Person Who is as in love with this Craft and insane profession is a breathe of fresh air. Every body showed up we cooked, we drank, And had some amazing food. The Highlights of the day for me. Was the excitement of forming the menu at the supermarket. A woman had over heard are enthusiasm and asked if we were chefs.
I replied yes, She said "good, For a second I thought i wasn't normal".... Some of my bloopers from the night included Using all the eggs, so when i went to form my ravioli and agnolotti i had no egg wash...Leading to a few exploding.... And i never took the ratatouille out of the oven...i think it's still there. Overall The meal was great....my wife while chasing three kids managed to make Biryani, Naan Bread, and amazing Ver jus Vinaigrette. She reassured my suspicions that she is either a ROBOT, or Wonder Woman. I was to busy to take pictures but i do remember the menu... I am looking forward to the next adventure!

Supper Club 11/15
Cuban Rubens
Home made Cuban Bread, Honey Ham, Roasted Turkey, Sauerkraut, 1000 Island
Arugula & Endive
Goat Cheese, Tart Apple, Toasted Pecan, Craisins, Cranberry Ver jus Vin
Pumpkin Squash Bisque
Indian Spices, Roasted Pepitas, Curried Chicken Cashew Ravioli, Syrian Pumpkin Oil
Peasant Ratatouille
Roasted Squashes,Vine Riped Tomato,Aubergine,Fennel,Sweet Onion, Sarah's Marinara
Wild Sockeye Salmon
Crisped skin, Coconut Tamarind Glaze, Vegetable Biryani, Grilled Naan Bread
Not to Shabby!

No comments: