"The discovery of a new dish confers more happiness on humanity, Than the
discovery of a new star" - Brillat Savarin





Friday, March 13, 2009

Corned Beef , cabbage , and shamrocks ...


The restaurant was slow tonight, Friday the 13Th set in... lol ...when it's slow which is never good i have a habit of being super particular ...i try to give the diner the full treatment..if i find out it's your first visit , I'll send out an amuse or a pallet cleanser or pre dessert. what ever i can do to get you to come back.. tonight although we had minimal covers we had customers opening our kitchen door to thank us on the way out ....So with the spring menu starting to put itself together trying what could work and what might not.. i still managed to put together a solid St. Patty's day menu .. Now I'll be honest with you out of all the holidays ...St.Patty's is the one i have the least experience with... I have maybe done two... both of which went great but I'm always unsure ...Anywho this being my first St. Patty's day at the Crane Brook and having an IRISH owner , I wanted to impress every one so i drafted up 9 dishes from starters to dessert and i did my homework , studying traditional Irish fare...so its a real fun menu...from finnan haddie to soda bread pudding.. And the star is my take on traditional Irish American corn beef dinner... i through some grilled black pudding , corned beef braised cabbage , yellow mustard and whisky glazed corned beef , boiled new fingerlings and a lucky shamrock...

No comments: