"The discovery of a new dish confers more happiness on humanity, Than the
discovery of a new star" - Brillat Savarin





Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Scallop Chops ... Exploring Meat Glue PT.1

Fresh sea scallops, lamb bones scraped and boiled in sea salt and peroxide, Transglutaminase...
Chopped scallops, scant Transglutaminase...
Wrap tight every two layers poke small holes to release air and squeeze gently...
Twist and tie both ends let set in fridge for two hours...
Dip bones in solution of meat glue paste. Insert two inches apart to form rack. Let rest 24 hours.
Cut individual chops and cook as desired. I roasted this one. Tastes like a caramelized Scallop..
I'm not sure the exact day or reason, but just like the majority of my ideas, I awoke one morning obsessing over creating a Scallop "chop." Something so massive in size it would leave the diner in a state of awe... I'm Not a stranger to meat glue by far .. But i had yet to find an appropriate application for our clientele. This idea is still a work in progress. I Have to play with the ratio a bit more and the next time I'm gonna puree the scallops , to get a smoother consistency ......Every one who got to try it loved it and was very entertained by it ... It Might make it on our Summer menu ....It might just a special every now and then .... Either Way FRANKENSTEIN FOOD TASTES GREAT!






No comments: