"The discovery of a new dish confers more happiness on humanity, Than the
discovery of a new star" - Brillat Savarin





Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Wine Dinner Pictures 6/28

frash pasta...taking form
arancicni, fontina fondue, panchetta ,lemon ,stuffed with pheasant sausage and riccota
caprese, balsamic pudding,basil gelee, powdered tomato, heirloom tomato,opal basil,cress
shrimpand mascapone ravioli, creamed pesto,tuscan kale,jumbo shrimp ,lemoncello froth
truffle tagliatelle,black truffle,grana padano ,truffle oil....
poached tuna , fennel pollen, cool ratatouillie ,smoked putanesca ,grilled radichio trevisiano
veal loin, speck ,sage cream , pine nut , cannellini puree , rappini
gorgonzola ,honey , stewed pear , powdered candied pecan.
Olive oil cake, black olive caramel , mozzerella gelato ,balsamic macerated figs
Thanks for coming out last night and enjoying the meal we provided ..One of my earliest memories in this field was at the age of 15 as a dishwasher in an Italian restaurant , i was amazed by the hustle and clatter that happened a mear 50 feet away from me.. the smells and sights of different sauces and pasta shapes really blew my mind.. when i decided that this was the path of life that i wanted to embark on i took those memories with me every where. At 22 i took position at a high end Italian restaurant in the city, I took an enormous pay cut and drop in rank to work side by side with some of the best culinary minds i had ever had the privilege of meeting. They pushed me and challenged me 17 hours a day 7 days a week for the better half of a year. To some this might sound cruel and at times i might of as well, but what it did is install the fire and the passion that is cooking into my heart , as well as a passion for detail.. they taught me that you have to love what you do , if not ...why do it??.... I've channeled this passion into an affection on global cuisine..But it all stems from that Italian experience.. And it will always be a cuisine that is near and dear to my heart... I hope you were able to taste that passion ..








No comments: