"The discovery of a new dish confers more happiness on humanity, Than the
discovery of a new star" - Brillat Savarin





Sunday, February 21, 2010

Thinking Spring..


It's that time of year again. the thoughts of warm comforting flavors and aromas submit to bountiful life and the cleansing lightness of springs cuisine. Gone are the tough skinned gourds that we practically have to force feed to some by winters end, Replaced by the vibrant colors of flowers and delicate ferns all eagerly awaiting some culinary attention. Spring marks the beginning for me, A plethora of amazing produce and life , A gift from Demeter for the return of Persephone... I could go on... "I have found that if you love life, life will love you back" - Arthur Rubenstein.. " I am today, or some future day, What i establish today. I am today what i established yesterday or some previous day" - James Joyce. Something about the thought of spring and the way it relates to art, poetry, music, and food is wondrous to me. ...
Hand Made Pea & Truffle Fettuccine with English Peas, Black Truffle, Grana Padana, Buerre Monte

No comments: