"The discovery of a new dish confers more happiness on humanity, Than the
discovery of a new star" - Brillat Savarin





Tuesday, December 9, 2008

missing summer


Snow piling up and a winter menu on my mind amongst many other things ,i sat back and asked my self jokingly "Remember Summer" the smells ,the breeze that i never felt as i slow cooked in a 145 degree inferno of a kitchen aha!! seems like it was just 4 months ago..oh yeah it was .I guess some times things are hard to give up. Like a 10 yr old with a nasty over bite from years of dedicated thumb pacification i have a hard time kicking my summer mind state i like fresh,i like light, even when i try to create heavy food for colder seasons i try to do it using lighter applications. so one of my chefs was breaking down a beautiful loin of yellowfin and with Sarah not being able to eat raw fish due to our being pregnant (mind you me and sarah are sushi fanatics) i started day dreaming of tuna sashimi with lead me into a whirlwind of summer senses.the smells the tastes the visuals. everything that i have learned to love so much about our New England summers. so here you go....Sashimi of fennel and soy marinated Tuna, edamame sea weed salad compressed watermelon, yuzu,nigiris togarashi , tobiko caviar, spicy preserved kumquat ,and chili threads

No comments: