"The discovery of a new dish confers more happiness on humanity, Than the
discovery of a new star" - Brillat Savarin





Sunday, January 3, 2010

MOMOFUKU..

Half way through my Momofuku cook book... It is everything i had hoped it to be.. Chang a F.C.I Graduate and product of Craft Steak has been an unsung hero of mine for years.. I first heard of him about six years ago on underground blog circuits, and i have kinda slowly watched his progression to a force to be reckon with...the thing i dig the most about Chang.. is that his food is exclusive, and his style is fearless...he pushes the envelope.. And has managed to stay on top of all culinary trends and apply them to something as old world as Ramen, Using Meat Glue, Sous Vide applications, Gelatin Clarification, etc... I am also pretty sure he started the whole kimchee craze a few years back..My one complaint is the book is a little light on recipes... But it is still a great addition to my collection.

No comments: